I can’t seem to get a handle on ‘having nothing more to do with the house’. What I mean is that even after I redecorate a room, I begin to get the itch to do it all over again. I probably make it about two years before I can’t stand it anymore and the plans to ‘re-do’ commence.
Bedrooms are often the last place decorated in most homes. It’s probably because no one sees it but you. Unfortunately in a ranch home… everyone sees (at least in our house). Here’s our new bedroom! (and for a minimal budget!!) Who said decorating was expensive….
- We ripped up our carpet and put a clearanced 5X7 floor rug down. Painted the accent wall dark brown and the remaining walls malted milk. I also found clearanced VELVET panels for $9.00 a piece.
- My $.9.24 Travertine Tile Lamp (on clearance at Lowes)
- We had to work around the antique furniture already in the room. We replaced the old, attached, mirror and put an inexpensive mirror on the wall.
This is how it all unfolded:
1. Start with inspiration or focal point… in this case it was the furniture that wasn’t leaving.
2. Select colors that coordinate and highlight your inspiration… We knew brown and blue was a great combo.
3. If working on a budget, shop around for the best prices before you settle… I did some traveling but I got everything on sale or clearanced except the new ceiling fan we installed.