I’m currently researching how to teach (my oldest) the art of conversation. She’s been given the gift of gab. And although I know we can use her ‘power’ for good, it sometimes makes me want to find some ear plugs (don’t hate me because I said it, I know many of you have the gift of “tuning out”).
I’ve come across a great little blog that gives a map for the students to follow. Since I have two students, it seems like I’ve got just the right number to start small and focused. Here’s the map (created by Jill Kuzma):
HOW WILL I USE IT?
I’m thinking I might use it in my Calendar Notebook (downloadable pages and pages from ouraussiehomeschool)but it’s not likely I will actually implement it at the initial start of the day. Most likely I will use this page as an “Appendix” in the Notebook and implement during the beginning of Language Arts.
Just a list I’m brainstorming:
- How do you know your mama loves you?
- Why do sisters stick together? (this is one of our family mottos)
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
- Describe your perfect day (including friends, activities, meals).
- If you could have a super power what would it be?
- What is your favorite thing about our family?
- What would you like to change about your bedroom?
- What is your favorite animal?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- If you found $20.00, what would you do with it?
- How do you try to show kindness to others?
- What is your favorite TV show, movie, book, video game ?
- What is your favorite food, candy, dessert?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?